To be a Mason in Washington State, you must:
- Be a man who is at least 18 years old
- Have a belief in a Supreme being (of any faith - no particular religion or faith is required or excluded - all are welcome)
- You should be someone who enjoys the company of other men from all different social classes, faiths, backgrounds, countries, etc. Masonry is universal in its ideals.
- If you are a family man, Masonry considers that your family obligations come FIRST, so you must be sure that you have the time to participate (usually two or three evenings per month at first for meetings and instruction, and then one evening per month for meetings from then on.
- You should be coming to Masonry "of your own free will and accord", to learn to improve yourself and to enjoy the company of other good people.
To join, all you have to do is ask a Mason.
If you don’t know any Masons nearby, please see the Contact Us page for someone who will answer your questions and help you with your application.